Celebrate Easter With New Covenant Bible Church
Good Friday Service - 7:00 PM
Join us at 7:00 PM this Friday as we remember and celebrate the death of our Savior. Nursery will be available for children up to 3 years old.
Throughout this worship service, we will be meditating on the seven last words of Jesus before his death.
- Luke 23:34 “And Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.’”
- John 19:26 “When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, ‘Woman, behold, your son!’”
- Luke 23:43 “And he said to him, ‘Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.’”
- Mark 15:34 “And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, ‘Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?’ which means, ‘My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?’”
- John 19:28 “After this, Jesus, knowing that all was now finished, said (to fulfill the Scripture), ‘I thirst.’”
- John 19:30 “When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, ‘It is finished,’ and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
- Luke 23:46 “Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, ‘Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!’ And having said this he breathed his last.”
Here are two songs that we will be singing that might be unfamiliar to you. Listening to these will help prepare you to worship with joy-filled grief as we remember the suffering and death of Jesus.
O Come and Mourn
Easter Services - 9:00 AM & 10:45 AM
Join us as we celebrate the resurrected Christ! Services will be at 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM.
There will be no Institute classes for middle school through adults. All children's classes (Nursery through 5th grade) will continue as normal during both services.
Our service will open with a children’s choir singing the new chorus to the hymn Christ the Lord Is Risen Today - “He is not dead. He is Alive. We have this hope in Jesus Christ.” Then we will all join them in singing this hymn of joyful praise. Throughout the rest of our worship service we will be focusing on the glorious hope that we have in the risen Son of God, Jesus! You can listen to our worship songs on our Spotify Playlist which is updated weekly. David Sunday will be preaching a sermon titled “The Gospel - Plain and Simple” from Romans 4:24-25.
This would be a great time to invite friends. A personal invitation is always best, but if you use Facebook, you could also share the invitation that we have created on the New Covenant Facebook page.
Looking forward to worshiping with you this weekend!