How To Use Realm
As mentioned in our previous blog post, New Covenant is making a transition at the end of November to our new 100% web-based application from ACS Technologies called Realm. You will find a step-by-step tutorial below that will help you get set up on Realm. In addition, we have provided information on the Online and Smartphone text giving capability at the end of this blog.
Please keep in mind that our church website (newcbc.org) is not Realm. To get to Realm from our church website you must click on the Resources tab at the top of the home page, then click on “Realm Online Community”. This will open a page that contains the link to our Realm church database. In addition you will see “User Information and Navigation Help Links”. This section will be updated so it contains the latest Realm help information including our Realm blogs.
Before we proceed to the “Getting Started with Realm Registration” instruction, I have bulleted out a couple of pertinent pieces of information that I hope will be helpful.
- New Covenant church leadership encourages wise, prudent household credit management. We have provided this online giving option as a convenience recognizing the reality of cultural technology change in the area of personal finance management and electronic banking. Please be a responsible and careful steward.
- If you decide to utilize the online giving option, please note that the church pays a credit card transaction fee of approximately 2.5% so you may want to adjust your giving amounts to help us absorb this expense.
- Please note that we do not accept American Express credit transactions.
Getting Started with Realm Registration
If you have an email address on file with the church, you will receive an invitation email.
1) Open the email, select your password.
2) You will then get a verification email in which you will need to click a link to verify your account.
From here, you can log into Realm as a church member.
3) To login to Realm, use the link on our website (see above) or go to https://onrealm.org/NewCBC and click on “Log In”
3) Put in your email address, the one at which you received the invitation, and input the password you chose.
From here, you are logged in.
How to do Text and Online Giving:
1. In order to text give, you will need the following number and keyword. Number: 73256 Keyword: NewCBC. Text the keyword (NewCBC) to the number(73256) and follow the text instructions popup. Please remember that standard text message rates apply.
2. For online giving, go to your profile. On the left hand side of the screen, access the Giving button. You will see your contribution giving screen. Access the "+ Give" button at the top and follow the screen instructions.