“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. “‘For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you took me in; I was naked and you clothed me; I was sick and you took care of me; I was in prison and you visited me.’” (Matthew 25:34-36)
Jesus' words in Matthew 25:31-46 provide the foundation for us to be committed to proclaim the gospel and provide for the practical needs of our community. We aim for holistic ministry to our neighbors, recognizing that relief aims towards development and sustainability. We regularly work with the following ministries:
- Safe Families for Children is an international organization powered by volunteers who want to keep children in vulnerable situations out of foster care. Safe Families partners with parents who are going through a crisis (incarceration, emotional or mental needs, financial instability, etc.) by providing temporary homes for their children (usually between one to two months). The end goal of these temporary homes is always reunification of the family. New Covenant Bible Church is a participating church in Safe Families ministry. If you are interested in the many opportunities to support children and families who are going through a crisis, contact the Safe Families Ministry Leader, Cindy Evangelista or visit safe-families.org.
- Crossroads Kids Club is mobilizing God’s people to share the Good News in public schools through church-led clubs and connecting children and families to the life of a local church in their community. New Covenant Bible Church sponsors two after-school Bible clubs (St. Charles and Elgin). If you are interested in learning more about serving at one of our sponsored clubs, contact the Administrative Assistant to the Pastoral Staff, Holly Leeper.
- Fox Valley Christian Action is on mission to help the local church serve under-resourced communities around them. Their passion is to see the power of the Gospel transform lives of families living in our local public and subsidized housing communities. They accomplish this through residential summer camps, school-year teen programming, and tutoring. New Covenant Bible Church partners with FVCA in various ways throughout the year. For current volunteer opportunities, contact the Pastor for Mission and Equipping, Patrick Havens or visit fvchristianaction.org.
- Corbella Clinic is a pregnancy medical clinic that serves women and couples during and after an unexpected pregnancy. Located in South Elgin, Corbella Clinic sees beauty and strength in people and exists to empower people with information and support for making the right decisions for themselves. New Covenant Bible Church partners with Corbella Clinic in various ways. To learn more, contact the Pastor for Mission and Equipping, Patrick Havens or visit corbellaclinic.org.
- Lazarus House helps people in need find shelter, food and other support services to get back on their feet. New Covenant Bible Church provides food and an overnight volunteer for the shelter once a month. To learn more, contact the Lazarus House Volunteer Coordinator, Linda Jezek.
- Wayside Cross: New Life Corrections has a mission to honor God by loving and serving the afflicted and powerless through sharing the gospel of forgiveness and hope in Jesus Christ by empowering them to be disciples of Christ. NCBC specifically supports the New Life Corrections division of this ministry. To learn more, contact the Pastor for Mission and Equipping or visit waysidecross.org.