Our purpose is to SPUR each other to love and good deeds, treasure Jesus Christ above everything else, grow together in knowledge and devotion to God, and by the Spirit impact our families, neighborhoods, workplaces, and the world for good.
Our means of growing in maturity in Christlikeness includes four key elements:
- Scripture: Studying God’s word together, aiming for worship and the implications for all of life, and growing in our knowledge of God and doctrines.
- Prayer: Praying in dependence on the Holy Spirit; pleading with our Father together as Christian men, “the ones who worship by the Spirit of God, boast in Christ Jesus, and do not put confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3).
- Unite: Gathering to encourage each other on a common mission to grow and serve, to love our families, and to invite others to consider Jesus.
- Resist: Persevering in the faith, not giving into the patterns this age, and refusing to quit in the means of grace is how we grow.
SPUR Men’s Ministry includes small groups and large groups.
- Small Discipleship Teams meet regularly. They are a mix of life-to-life relationships of 3-10 men studying God’s word together, praying for one another, building friendships, and encouraging each other to be on mission with good news in the world.
- Large group men’s meetings include 3 to 4 Saturday Breakfasts during the year and our annual Men’s Getaway.
DISCIPLESHIP TEAMS (small group studies)
The SPUR Discipleship Teams study various topics depending on each group and meet at a variety of locations. If you have any questions and would like to join a Discipleship Team in contact Patrick Havens.
- St Charles, New Covenant Bible Church: led by Patrick Havens from 6:30-7:30 PM
- Elgin, Big Apple Bagel: led by Tim Axford from 6:15-7:15 AM
- South Elgin, Panera: led by Patrick Havens from 6:30-7:30 AM
Questions? Contact Pastor Patrick Havens.