Our purpose is to SPUR each other to love and good deeds, treasure Jesus Christ above everything else, grow together in love and devotion to God, and by the Spirit impact our families, neighborhoods, workplaces, and the world for good.
Our means of growing in maturity in Christlikeness includes four key elements:
- Scripture: Studying God’s word together, aiming for worship and the implications for all of life, and growing in our knowledge of God and doctrines.
- Prayer: Praying in dependence on the Holy Spirit; pleading with our Father together as Christian men, “the ones who worship by the Spirit of God, boast in Christ Jesus, and do not put confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3).
- Unite: Gathering to encourage each other on a common mission to grow and serve, to love our families, and to invite others to consider Jesus.
- Resist: Persevering in the faith, not giving into the patterns this age, and refusing to give up is how we resist the devil.
SPUR is a mix of life-to-life relationships in small discipleship teams of 3-10 men (ongoing) and large group meetings (TBA). We typically begin new studies three times a year (Winter/Spring, Summer, and Fall).
SPUR studies include Bible studies, theological courses, and training topics. Different Discipleship Teams study different topics.
SPUR Winter/Spring 2022
Small Discipleship Teams
The SPUR Discipleship Teams are inductively studying Hebrews for 10 weeks starting September 10 or 14 depending on the group. To learn more or to join a fall SPUR Discipleship Team, contact the Pastor for Mission and Equipping, Patrick Havens.
- St Charles, New Covenant Bible Church: led by Patrick Havens from 6:30-7:30 PM
- Elgin, Big Apple Bagel: led by Tim Axford from 6:15-7:15 AM
- South Elgin, Panera: led by Patrick Havens from 6:30-7:30 AM
- St Charles, New Covenant Bible Church: led by David Wollen from 6:00-7:00 AM
- Online: led by David Fisher and Tony Faivre from 7:00-8:00 AM
Men's Getaway - March 4-5
Come to this getaway like a huddle to recalibrate your game plan to grow and bear much fruit in 2022! We will have a mix of straightforward talks with time for application and coaching one another.
- Where: Conference Point Center in Williams Bay, WI (close to Lake Geneva)
- When: Friday, March 4 at 5:00 PM to Saturday, March 5 at 2:00 PM
- Cost: $100 (includes lodging, 3 meals, and a book) *scholarships are available if needed!
- Theme: "Persevere in prayerfully studying God’s Word in community"
- Agenda: Create time to reset, reflect, connect, worship, hear testimonies, enjoy, and equip in the Spiritual Discipline of prayerful Bible intake and Bible output