YOU WERE MADE TO BELONG
At New Covenant Bible Church, we believe that the Bible encourages all Christians to belong by being meaningfully involved and committed to a specific local church. Becoming a member of NCBC is about being a part of a family. Membership is a way for us to be intentional in letting church leaders and the congregation know we are serious about the church. Membership is required for serving in the church and voting on church matters.
STEPS TOWARD MEMBERSHIP
- Belong to Christ - We believe that the Church is made up of those who have repented and put their trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Membership in a local church is for Christians. Followers of Jesus are unified by our identity in Christ. This unity is expressed in the way we love God, fellow Christians, and our neighbors.
- Attend Membership Class - Membership Class helps you get to know New Covenant Bible Church. In a three hour class we share our history, vision, Statement of Faith, doctrine, defining values, ministry philosophy and structures. Attending the class doesn’t commit you to membership, but it’s a step toward it. We offer this class three to four times a year. To learn more, contact the Pastor for Mission and Equipping, Patrick Havens.
- Apply for Membership - During the Membership Class you can pick up a simple application that allows you to request to be a member.
- Membership Interview - Once you apply for membership we will arrange a 30-minute get-to-know-you interview with two elders. This meeting gives you a chance to explain the gospel, tell how you came to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, talk about the ministries you’re interested in getting involved with, and ask any remaining questions. This is also a time for you to sign our Church Covenant.
- Public Welcome into Membership - Once you’re invited into membership, we introduce and welcome all the new members into the church during a Sunday service.
Questions? Contact the Pastor for Mission and Equipping, Patrick Havens.